The UK is an extremely popular tourist destination, with over 37,000,000 tourists in the year 2018. To travel to the UK as a tourist, you’ll need a visa. A visa is a type of document which allows individuals to visit a certain county. Each country has its own requirements and criteria.
Types of visa
The types of visa categories include:
- Tourist Visa: This type of visa is used by tourists to explore the world.
- Student Visa: A student visa is used by students to pursue their higher education
- Immigration Visa: Individuals seek this visa to move from one place to the other.
- Work visa: A work visa allows individuals to work within the country for a job or to run their own business
It is a type of official document or any stamp which allows individuals to visit a country for tourism. It does not allow individuals to work within the country. To work, the applicant must apply for a work visa instead.
- To make a new tourist visa, one has to submit an application. This application will be approved within five to six months. The processing time depends on the number of applications at that point in time.
- To apply, you must submit the visa application cost (dependent upon the country you’re applying from)
- The individual would have to clear an interview at the embassy.
- If the individual has any criminal records, there is very little chance that they’d be able to obtain a visa.
Terms of Tourist Visas
- A tourist visa is valid for up to six months. After six months, you can seek a visa extension.
- Nobody can earn money on the basis of a tourist visa. One can have an academic meeting but cannot conduct business during their visit.
- Valid reasons for applying for a tourism visa include weddings, death and bith rituals, graduation ceremonies and different occasions.
- After submitting an application, one can take back his or her original documents like passport and other things, etc.
Documents Required For A Tourist Visa.
Some main things are as follows.
- An application form must be submitted for your tourist visa.
- A valid passport is needed, must not expire within 6 months.
- A passport size photograph is needed.
- After application, you will be provided with a receipt of $160.
- You must have proof of funds to show that you can easily support yourself financially during your stay.
- Heath insurance is required.
- The documents should be an English translated document so that authorities can easily understand them. You can get them translated from a verified third party.
- Applications with incomplete information will be discarded
The Duration of a Visit Visa
Unlike tourism visas, visit visas can be granted for up to 10 years. Unless you have a limitation of only being allowed a single entry, you can easily move freely between your country and the UK. A stay of a minimum of 6 months is a must for each visit. If you do not have a compelling reason to visit the UK on a regular basis, you may want to apply for a six-month visit visa.
Additional Requirements for child applicants
Travelling without a legal guardian can be difficult. You also need to show proof of valid accommodation. This means providing copies of flight tickets, hotel reservations and other documentation. Your immigration officer may ask for these things at the border or when your visa application is being processed overseas – so don’t forget them!
However, children under 18 years old are not required to have money in their account in order to enter the United Kingdom (unless travelling with someone else). Instead, they can rely on financial support from one of their parents (or a third party) during their stay here. You should make sure you include references from either parent before going through customs when entering the country – because we want to make sure you’re safe and sound
Can This Type Of Visa Be Extended?
There are times when understanding proper guidelines can help you prolong your stay in the UK. For example, if you’re out for more than 6 months and you don’t have anything pending at home, then it might be worth checking to see what could happen when you go back. For those who don’t know already – some visas can take up more time than the initial duration allotted to them; this means that they’ll expire even before six months are up. Luckily, you always have the option to extend your visa. They can be done once but won’t last past a total of six months though so do keep this in mind.
What You Can Do For Rejected Applications
If you apply for a visa to visit Great Britain (Great Britain) and are refused, you cannot take it up with the Board of Immigration Appeals or a court as it will not be considered; again if only special circumstances dictate otherwise.
A human rights claim would constitute such a circumstance. However, the Entry Clearance Officer can identify when this opportunity for redress exists and refuse accordingly in tandem with seeking legal advice from The Refugee Council who may also offer some additional insight into what options one might pursue instead such as requesting that the refusal decision be reviewed based on new information which was previously unavailable at the time of submission; perhaps someone noticed they could offer something relevant – data even – to better explain the situation they wanted to be investigated.
Hope this article helped you in understanding the UK visit visa. In case you need to apply for a tourist visa or to get a family visa, you can reach out to experienced immigration lawyers to ensure the best results.