In recent years, you’ve probably heard about electric vehicles and how this market has expanded worldwide. In the United States, President Joe Biden stated that “everything” must go electric. That is to eliminate the use of fossil-fueled vehicles to contribute to taking care of the environment. Furthermore, there’s the possibility that businesses will become commercial EV charging station points.
Concerning this, the national government has issued several incentives for people to switch from gas-powered vehicles to electric vehicles. In this way, the incentives also look forward to more businesses becoming commercial EV charging stations. Being a charging point brings with it numerous benefits, which we’ll go over in this article.
10 benefits of becoming a charging point
Each year, more electric vehicles are being sold in the US. Along with the expansion of EV sales comes the demand for more public charging stations to power these vehicles.
In this sense, a good amount of money has been destined to expand this network of Level 2 and DC fast-charging stations (the most rapid chargers available in the EV chargers market).
Becoming a charging point isn’t only beneficial for all those EV drivers who need a nearby place to recharge their vehicle’s battery. It’s also beneficial for those businesses that decide to install charging stations as well.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a commercial EV charging station:
- Provide new potential customers who drive an electric vehicle with conveniently located Level 2 and DC fast-charging stations.
- It’s a way to attract more energy-conscious customers to your business.
- It allows you to set billing rates according to your business’s peak demand periods.
- Furthermore, it enables your employees to consider switching to electric vehicles. Plus, if they decide to do so, having the chargers on-site will reduce their commuting costs.
- Not only it’ll attract new customers, but being a charging point will increase their visit duration. An EV takes approximately 30 minutes to 2 hours to charge its vehicle’s battery. Meanwhile, they’ll probably spend more time and money on your business.
- Once the EV chargers are installed at your business, you’ll get free publicity through the PlugShare mobile app. As that app lets EV drivers find you on the map, you’ll attract more sales.
- You’ll get recurring revenue from every kilowatt of electricity sold to a customer.
- Depending on the company you choose, you’ll get a turnkey solution. That means you won’t have to worry about anything while the chargers get installed.
- You’ll be part of a growing business, as are large and recognized brands across the world.
- Your customer-facing business will become a leader in this innovative and expanding transportation sector.
Is it difficult to become a commercial EV charging station point?
That depends on the EV charger supplier company you decide to work with for your business.
Several companies provide businesses with a complete package of solutions. That means that you, as the business owner, won’t have to worry about anything. From the design of the project to the engineering requirements before starting the project, or the complete installation of the EV chargers and the reinforcement of the electrical line, everything’s taken care of.
So, becoming an EV charging point that offers not only Level 2 chargers but also DC fast chargers, will make your business attract new customers. Those customers will most probably spend time there and possibly consume while waiting for their battery to recharge to continue driving.
Furthermore, several of these charger companies offer free repair and maintenance for several years after installation of the EV chargers, as well as free consulting and advertising.
If you’re thinking of becoming a charging point, check the available options in your area so you can get in touch with those operators who will guide you on which is the best fit for your business.