Netgear WiFi range extender lets you enjoy the lag-free internet in all areas of your home. Though there are many companies out there but Netgear is the only one that has grabbed many eyeballs. If you want to satisfy your daily WiFi needs, Netgear extender is the only device that can make things possible for you. But, what if you can’t access 192.168.1.250 Well, this can be extremely frustrating for users to encounter with error messages while logging in using the default Netgear extender IP address. Want to fix it? Let’s start over!
Fix Netgear Extender IP Address Issue
Reboot and Update Your Internet Browser
When you try to access the Netgear extender login page using 192.168.1.250 make sure that the internet browser you are using is up-to-date. Apart from that, ensure to clear cache, cookies, browsing history, junk files from the web browser before getting access to the extender’s login page.
If the issue remain the same, restart the device and try login again from different web browser.
Another main reason that can cause IP address issue is the improper wired/ Ethernet connections. So, to fix the issue, it is recommended to try a couple of troubleshooting tips given below:
- Ensure that all the wired connection between your Netgear extender and router are proper.
- On the off chance if you find any sort of damage on your Ethernet cable, replace it with a new one right away.
- Confirm whether your Netgear extender and router is getting sufficient power supply.
Confirm the IP Address and Login Credentials
90 percent of users, sometimes, in hurry make typos/ mistakes while entering the IP address or Netgear extender login credentials. To fix it, make sure that you are not one of those who are doing the same mistake.
- After entering the Netgear extender login details into their respective fields, cross-check them once. Besides, if you have changed the login credentials at the time of Netgear extender setup, make sure to use them instead of the default ones.
- Now, talking about the IP address, ensure to enter it into the browser’s search bar only. If you are using the search bar, then it is obvious to face login issues.
- Just in case, if the default IP address is not working for you, use the default web address mywifiext.net If mywifiext works for you, use it for logging into your extender.
Update the Extender Firmware
An outdated firmware on your Netgear WiFi range extender can also be the culprit behind IP address not working issue. So, to fix it, update Netgear extender firmware right away.
To update the latest firmware version on your Netgear extender, visit mywifiext and search for the available updates. If you found the new firmware is available for your Netgear extender, update it by following the steps mentioned on-screen.
Reset Your Netgear Extender
If the issue remains the same, try resetting your Netgear extender. The Netgear extender reset process will make your device new and fix many big issues related to it.
To reset Netgear extender, follow the steps highlighted below:
- Plug in your Netgear extender and disconnect it from all your WiFi-enabled devices.
- Take a pin-like object and insert it into the reset hole of your Netgear extender.
- Hold the Netgear extender reset hole and release it.
- Kudos! Your Netgear extender resets successfully.
- Now, connect your WiFi-enabled devices to Netgear_ext and try accessing the extender’s login page again via 192.168.1.250.
We hope that this post have helped you out? Still find accessing the default Netgear extender IP address a daunting task? Fret not! Contact our technical experts via comments for immediate assistance.