Presently, gone are the days of using typewriters as people use word processors already. The process usually involves making the document and saving it. The document gets saved as a Word (DOCX) file by default. You might need to convert your Word document to PDF because of some reasons.
Portable document format (PDF) is a standard file type that many people use. It is easy to share and access, even if there are differences in software. With the convenience that it brings about, it’s a common preference for sending documents online. You might not have the tools, though, to convert them. Don’t worry! Here are three easy methods for converting Word to PDF.
Change Word to PDF using online converters
The online web has grown much, and tools for file conversion have been developed. Taking a cursory look in different search engines would help you find a converter. Wait a minute! Don’t just use the first one that appears. Taking another glance and checking won’t hurt you.
If you want to use a reliable and handy converter, then using PDFBear is the right choice. It’s a free online conversion tool that specializes in handling PDFs. What makes it better is that the conversion gets done instantly! That’s absolutely convenient, right? Here’s a short tutorial on converting Word to PDF using online converters.
- Go to PDFBear.
- Select and upload your Word file from your device.
- Wait as PDFBear converts your file to PDF.
- You can then download your newly converted file once the download link has been generated.
One advantage of using PDFBear is that it’s accessible anywhere since it’s an online web service. Whatever operating system and web browser you use, you can access the website. You can also rest assured that everything is done securely and efficiently. Even though the process happens like a flash, the converted file is guaranteed to be high quality.
Using Microsoft Word
Did you know you can directly save your Word documents as a PDF in MS Word? Yes, you got it right! There’s no need to download any software to convert since you can do it directly in the word processor. If you have Microsoft Word installed on your computer, follow these steps to convert your Word to PDF.
- Click File > Export > Create PDF/XPS.
- Select Options if you want to omit some parts from your document to be published. Click Document > Document properties, then select your options. Once done, click OK.
- Select the file location and type the file name, then click Publish.
Converting your Word to PDF using Microsoft Word is genuinely convenient for those who have the software. However, not all people have the same word processor. What’s more, you must pay a fee to use MS Word. Simply put, it all boils down to whether or not you have it. In case you don’t have it on your computer, using file converters like PDFBear is an excellent choice.
Convert Word to PDF in Google Docs
You may also use Google Docs in doing the file conversion. It is an online word processor that’s accessible for free provided by Google. Follow these actions to do the conversion.
- Go to Google Docs.
- Click the file icon and upload your Word document.
- Once done, open the file.
- Click File > Download > Portable Document Format (PDF).
- Wait for the download to finish, and you’re done!
In case you are in a rush, using Google Docs is not recommended. Here are two reasons. If you don’t have a Google Account, you would have to sign up before using the service. Of course, if you have one, you need to log in first. Nonetheless, using this would be great if you have lots of time to spare! Keep in mind that online converters like PDFBear provide you better convenience in terms of time and effort.
Advantages of PDFs over Word files
Maybe you already know about some benefits of saving files in a portable document format. Aside from the general concept of preserving the formatting in your files, there are still many more advantages that you can get from PDFs. Reading below about them!
- Authenticity. We’ve said before that PDFs retain all your edits. Naturally, this equates to ensuring the authenticity of your work.
- Compatibility. because of differences in software versions, it’s hard to say whether your document will stay the same when you share it with others. Luckily, most web browsers can open and view PDFs nowadays.
- Compact. The file size shrinks down once you convert it to PDF.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, people have been confined in their homes. Those who work at home or go to online classes may need to send documents to others. Portable document format files are an excellent choice. To convert from Word to PDF, you can use MS Word, Google Docs, and PDFBear. Though they’re all great choices, PDFBear is the most convenient.