There could be a handful of reasons that Netgear EX3700 extender gets disconnected from the home WiFi network. This can halt your internet experience and access to mywifiext.local (if you are using iPhone or Apple device). To prevent such issue, you need to reconnect your Netgear EX3700 extender to your home WiFi network.
You can reconnect your Netgear EX3700 extender using an Ethernet or a WiFi connection. Given below are the steps to follow to get the job done in minutes:
To reconnect Your Netgear EX3700 Extender via Ethernet:
- Connect your Netgear range extender to your router or the access point with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser on your desktop or laptop.
- Type mywifiext.net into the address bar field. If you can’t access the extender login page via mywifiext.net, use default Netgear extender IP address.
- Press Enter.
The extender login page displays.
- Enter username and password and click Log In.
- Netgear Genie Setup Wizard displays.
- Select Setup > Wireless Settings.
- Now, under the Security Options, you have to verify that the value in the Password(Network Key) field matches your existing router password. On the off chance if the password does not match, worry not! Simply change it.
- Click Apply to save the settings.
- Reconnect your WiFi devices to Netgear_ext and enjoy surfing the uninterrupted speed of the internet throughout your home.
To reconnect Your Netgear EX3700 range extender via WiFi:
- Right off the bat, press and hold the reset button on your Netgear EX3700 extender for a couple of seconds.
- Your Netgear range extender resets.
- Post that, open your computer/ laptop or mobile device’s WiFi menu.
- Connect the device to your home WiFi network.
- Launch a web browser on your PC, laptop or mobile device.
- Type mywifiext.net web address for Windows and type mywifiext.local for iPhone or iPad into the browser address bar field. If you can’t access mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local, use 192.168.1.250 (Netgear extender IP address).
- Press Enter.
The Netgear extender login page displays.
- Enter the EX3700 extender login credentials and click on Log In.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to reconnect your Netgear extender to your home WiFi network.
- Reconnect your WiFi devices to the Netgear_ext.
In the event that you fail to reconnect your Netgear EX3700 extender to your home WiFi network, consider the following:
- Ensure that your Netgear EX3700 extender and the router are placed in reach of each other. If possible, place your Netgear extender and the router in the same room.
- Also, check if your Netgear extender is getting continuous power supply or not.
- Be sure to update the Netgear extender firmware. If the firmware on your Netgear EX3700 extender is outdated, you will face issues while reconnecting it to your home network.
- Use an up-to-date internet browser while accessing mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local.
- If you are using an Ethernet cable to reconnect your Netgear extender, make sure that connection you have made is secure and finger-tight. Also, ensure that the Ethernet cable you have used is free from any sort of cuts, damages, and dusts.
- Be certain to use the correct Netgear extender login credentials. If you have changed the extender login credentials at the time of Netgear EX3700 setup, use them. Otherwise, you will face many login and setup issues and will not able to reconnect your Netgear extender to your home WiFi network.
Apart from the points mentioned above, there is handful of things that you need to consider while reconnecting your Netgear EX3700 extender to your home WiFi network.
Still facing trouble while reconnecting your Netgear EX3700 extender to your home network? Feel free to competent technical experts for immediate solutions via comments.