It’s a concern for many users the amount of time they spend using their iPhones or iPads, as well as Mac devices. This is the reason Apple has created its Screen Time feature, a clever way to keep the use of devices in check. It’s also a great method to keep inappropriate, explicit content out of the reach of children. But it can be irritating if you forget your password for screen time. How do you manage to alter the restrictions for the settings and apps?
In this post, we’ll review and explain how you can access the screen time limitations on your device when you forget your password for screentime. We will also explain how to reset your screen time passcode in case you have forgotten it. You can reset your time passcode on-screen, deactivate scene time and reset your screen’s time passcode.
It’s been in use since the Screen Time feature was in use from iOS 12. It’s a parental control feature that allows parents can limit the apps their children can access for protection from explicit and inappropriate content. The setting of a screen time passcode ensures that the restrictions are in place. This feature allows you to track the amount of time the user spent using the app in a particular category. Additionally, it analyses and provides insights into the most frequently used apps of users and how much time was spent at a particular moment in the day.
In essence, this feature is for those who would like to use apps such as social media less throughout the day. This is a great feature to have when you’re trying to focus on studies or work or just need to enjoy some time to relax prior to the time you go to bed. The cool thing with this option is that it prompts for the screen time passcode after the screen’s time limit has been exceeded. This can be complicated, particularly if you have forgotten the password for your screen’s timer.
How to Change the Screen Time Passcode if You’ve Forgotten It
In the next section, we will look at ways to reset a screentime passcode in case you have forgotten that password in the device you use. Apple devices.
1. It’s available on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
It is essential to realize it is important to know that Screen Time is a feature accessible on Apple devices that run iOS 12 and later. Therefore, ensure that you are using the latest version of iOS or iPad. For resetting your time-passcode on the screen, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings interface on your device.
- Tap to change the Screen Time.
- Select the Change Screen Time Passcode, then select Change Screen Time Passcode again.
- Select Forgot Password.
- Log in with your Apple ID email and password.
- Then, enter a fresh password.
- On the Mac
For Mac devices in the first instance, the OS needs to be upgraded up to macOS Catalina 10.15.4 or higher for the device to utilize screen time. Screen Time feature.
- Select the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Select the Screen Time, then click Options located in the lower-left corner.
- Click Change Passcode. Click Change Passcode, then click Forgot Passcode.
- Input the details of your Apple ID email and password.
- Then, enter a fresh password. Enter it again to confirm.
How to disable Screen Time Passcode on your device
You can enter the screen-time passcode just once if you can remember it. If you forget you forgot it, the Apple device will grant you to attempt ten times. However, you’ll need to wait for at least 60 minutes before you try to enter the screen time passcode. The device will not be locked in any way; however, you will be unable to modify the passcode or limitations until you’ve got the correct passcode.
If you’d like to deactivate the time passcode on your screen ultimately to save yourself the hassle in the future, take these steps:
- Start by opening your Settings Interface on either your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the screen Time.
- Click on the Change Screen Time Passcode, then turn off Screen Time Passcode.
- Enter the screen code to verify the operation.
Other methods to reset the screen time passcode that you have forgotten
There are many other options to retrieve your lost Screen Time passcode. In the following sections, we will look at methods to reset or recover your screen time passcode or turn off-screen time with no passcode. There are, however, alternative methods to deal with the issue of lost passwords for screentime.
1. Recover Screen Time Passcodes Using iTunes/Finder
One thing Apple is great at is the ability to secure its end-to-end transactions. In this regard, there’s an option to reset the screen time passcodes you have forgotten from an encrypted backup. But, there is a caution for all users — this setting could cause your data to be erased. We strongly suggest making an ICloud backup before implementing this technique. But following are the steps:
- Attach the iPhone and iPad with either your Mac or PC and open iTunes or Finder.
- On the home screen of iTunes/Finder, choose your device’s name from the section “Locations.
- Hit Restore iPhone/iPad.
- When the dialogue box asks you to confirm the action, Select Don’t Backup Up (noting that you’ve already made an iCloud backup).
- After that, choose the backup you prefer to restore to your device. Make sure you select the backup that is encrypted.
2. Reset all settings and content
Removing your settings and data on devices is a secure method to reset your display timer. We cannot stress enough that this method will erase your data and files. Make sure you perform a backup before doing this procedure.
- Launch the Settings app and then click on General.
- Scroll down, and then tap Transfer or Reset. iPhone.
- Select the option to erase all content and the settings.
- Tap Continue.
Let the device complete the clearance process, and then you can restart your device. You can also restore your device from the previous backup of iCloud to restore your settings and data to normal.
3. Utilize a third-party app to retrieve your Passcode
It is possible to utilize third-party applications to fix screen time passcode problems. However, the most trusted ones — even as well as the most reliable ones are paid-for applications. If you want to avoid the hassles described above, you could opt to purchase iPhone Backup Extractor or Tenoshare 4uKey.
4. iPhone Backup Extractor
This app does not have a free version, but its paid-for features offer features that you won’t find in other apps. It offers three paid plans, with the most basic plan price of $39.95 and the most expensive costing $75.95. It also offers the option of a 30-day refund in the event that the app proves to be unsatisfactory for you.
In essence, iPhone Backup Extractor offers the following functions:
- iTunes and the iCloud service support
- Backup support that is fully encrypted
- Works with Windows and Mac
- 12-month subscription
The app is also efficient in recovering forgotten Screen Time passcodes.
5. Tenoshare 4uKey
Tenoshare 4uKey, on the other side, is a completely free PC program that allows anyone to access lost Screen Time passcodes. It also offers features like blocking forgotten passcodes as well as taking away a passcode if the iPhone is removed.
Setting the timer for your iPhone or iPad is not a problem due to the variety of options available on how to do this. One of the easiest methods to accomplish this is to use the Apple ID and password. It’s highly unlikely that this approach won’t be successful, but if it doesn’t, for whatever reason, you could try an iTunes/Finder or factory reset. It’s also possible to test third-party applications, but we don’t believe you’ll ever get there. I hope this guide can help you reset your screen time-passcode. Tell us which method you used to reset your screen!