Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that is also called ascorbic acid and has many health benefits.
While discussing vitamin C benefits, it is always mentioned that Vitamin c is a potent antioxidant and immune booster. To understand how vitamin C is the reason for strengthening immunity, first, we would discuss what immunity is and how it works.
Introduction to Immune System:
The system of our body defends the body against the invasion of foreign bodies and pathogens either by forming barriers around the body cells or by fighting off the foreign cells.
Components of the immune system:
Following are the components of the immune system, with their respective roles in immunity.
- White blood cells: These are of three types, neutrophils, basophils, eosinophils, monocytes, and macrophages all collectively known as leukocytes or WBCs. Neutrophils are the instantly available first line of the immune response, that fights the pathogens in the early phase of the invasion. Basophils and eosinophils work in inflammation and allergic reaction and basophils also prevent blood clotting. Monocytes fight pathogens and speed up the healing process by eliminating the dead debris of other white blood cells. Macrophages work in the identification and phagocytosis of the foreign particle. It also play role in apoptosis.
- Antibodies: The cells of the immune system releases certain proteins called immunoglobulins or antibodies to help fight against the antigen or pathogens. There are 5 types of antibodies, IgG, IgA, IgM, IgE, IgD with all performing their roles.
- Lymphatic system: It is that system that circulated the white blood cells to fight infection and also eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Complement system: This system, complements or helps the white blood cells and antibodies in fighting the pathogens by initiating an immune cascade reaction.
- Spleen: Spleen destroys the damaged and old red blood cells, and also removes bacteria or any unwanted particle from the blood, kill it and remove it from the body.
- Thymus: The thymus is a gland that is a part of the immune system as it produces T- cells. These T-cells play role in immune functions and are made entirely by the thymus gland before puberty.
- Bone marrow: The production of all the blood cells; red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets, occur in the bone marrow.
Vitamin C for strengthening immunity:
Vitamin C can boost the function of the immune system in the following manner.
- Vitamin C being an antioxidant reduces the oxidative stress on the blood cells, as there is an abundance of Vitamin c in the neutrophils, it can protect the neutrophils from oxidation and early death and prolongs its life span and pathology fighting capabilities.
- The growth and replication of T-cells are also enhanced by Vitamin C thus it helps the slow death and more production of these immune defender cells.
- Vitamin C also protects the skin against damage, and skin is the first line of defense against foreign body invasion.
- Vitamin C lowers allergic reactions and thus prevents the body from chronic diseases.
- It increases the production of collagen and is responsible for a speedy recovery from injuries.
Prevention of erectile dysfunction by strengthening immunity:
As vitamin C resolves many of the problems that could prove to be a risk for erection, it helps males have a normal erection. Erectile dysfunction occurs as a result of blocked or reduced blood flow to the penis and its surrounding tissues either due to inflammation or other system or pathological conditions. The medical treatment for erectile dysfunction is Cenforce 100 that you can buy online from our website.
By taking Vitamin C regularly you can prevent the occurrence of erectile dysfunction and other diseases as well.